Fitness for pregnant women
We often talk about fitness and workout routine for different people, but people often forget about the fitness for pregnant women.
The excitement a women face when she saw those two blue or pink line appears, which she will never forget. Now if she knows she is pregnant, every pregnant woman wonders what all she needs to change in her lifestyle.
The important thing, staying active for tops the list for next 9 months. It is not only healthy for the lady but also for the child. Now if you are looking for workout routine specifically for pregnant lady, we have got you covered. From cardio to strength training to core exercises, here’s everything you need to know about staying fit during pregnancy days.
BENEFITS OF EXERCISING DURING PREGNANCY
According to ACOG, exercising during pregnancy can lead to lower incidence of
- Preterm birth
- Caesarean birth
- Excessive weight gain
- Gestational diabetes
- Lower birth weight
It also helps in
- Reduce stress
- Maintain physical fitness
- Reduce low back pain
SAFETY TIPS FOR EXERCISE WHILE PREGNANT
- You should get clearance from your doctor if you’re new to exercise or you have any health condition
- Drink plenty of water before, during and after workout
- Wear supportive clothes such as sports bra and belly bands
- Always wear the gym gloves
- Avoid lying flat on your back for too long.
EXERCISES THAT PREGNANT WOMEN CAN INCORPORATE IN THEIR ROUTINE
- Stand parallel to the back of chair, with the hand closest to chair resting on it, feet parallel and hip- distance apart.
- With your toes and knees turned out to 45 degrees, pull your belly button up and in.
- Bend your knees, lowering your torso as low as possible while your back should be straight.
- Straighten your legs to return to original position.
Quadriceps, hamstrings and butt.
- Get down on your hands and knees, wrists directly under the shoulder
- Lift your knees and straighten your legs until your back forms a straight line.
- You can wear wrist support for the safety.
- Don’t arch your bag or let your belly sag
- Hold for 1 to 2 breaths, working upto 5 breaths
Core, arms and back
CURL AND LIFT
- Sit on the edge of chair or gym ball, with your back straight, feet on the floor, arms at your sides.
- Hold a weight in each hand, palms facing your body. Must wear gym gloves for the good grip.
- Bend your elbows so your arms form a 90-degree angle
- Then keeping your elbow bent, lift the weight to your shoulder’s height.
- Lower your arms to your side, then straighten to return to original position
Biceps and shoulders
ONE- ARM ROW
- Using a sturdy chair, place your right knee on the seat, left foot on the floor. Bend forward, back parallel to the floor and place your right hand on the seat.
- Hold a weight in your left hand, arm extended down and in line with your shoulder, palm facing in.
- Bend your left elbow up so that your arm forms a 90-degree angle
- Hold, then return to starting position.
Back, biceps and triceps
Yoga has many health benefits. You can try out different asanas which is specifically made for pregnant ladies. If you do attend your regular yoga class, make sure to inform the instructor about it and ask them to modify the poses. Avoid hot yoga classes while pregnant. If you want to buy yoga mat for smooth asanas you can click on the link.
Improves overall body posture, body balance
Staying physically healthy will be beneficial for both mom and baby. Make sure you stay fit and eat healthy during these nine months.
Incorporating some form of exercises during some days of week will keep your core strong, your muscle fit and helps you in good shape.
But make sure you listen to your body and stop if you feel any discomfort or pain. Talk to your doctor if you have any concerns. To buy any fitness equipment or to read further blogs visit nfinity.co.in