Mesomorph- What Is It, Advantages And More
The basic somatotype theory divides body type broadly into three categories- ectomorph, mesomorph and endomorph. Mesomorphs are the ones who fall in the characteristics of both the other types. In simple words, they possess the features of ectomorph and endomorph. And it is necessary to know what diet plan to follow. What is the best diet for a mesomorph ? Let's find out.
What Is Mesomorphy ?
- Mesomorphy is one of the classifications of somatotypes.
- In this, a person is of the normal frame.
- They usually have a rectangular frame, characterized by strong muscles.
- These individuals have a tendency to gain or lose weight easily.
- Mesomorphs are neither too thin nor too fat.
- Thus, they are someone who can seamlessly mingle in almost all diet plans.
Other Body Types
There are two other body types other than mesomorphy. They are ectomorph and endomorph. Ectomorph is a body type in which a person has a thin body frame with a narrow body line. Endomorphy is a somatotype where the person has a large frame with a wide bodyline. There are some sub-categories as well. For instance, ecto-mesomorph, meso-endomorph and endo-ectomorph are the subtypes.
Advantages Of Mesomorphy
There are many perks of being a mesomorph. Here are a few points to validate the statement.
- Mesomorphs can gain or lose weight according to their own convenience. This could be helpful for them in terms of working out for a specific time to attain the desired shape.
- You can make a few adjustments with your diet and then you can be on a journey of a healthy diet plan.
Disadvantages Of Mesomorphy
Everything in this world comes with both advantages and disadvantages. Therefore, let's see what are the demerits of mesomorphy.
- The balancing act is the biggest game in terms of maintaining a balanced diet. And this is where the problem arises. You would find difficulty in managing the quantities of carbs, proteins and fats for your diet plan.
- Mesomorphs may have a risk of getting Diabetes Mellitus (Type II Diabetes) because of an abnormal deposition of fat layer around the midsection.
- Not all diet plans are made for you. For instance, a Mediterranean diet may work best for some mesomorphs. Whereas, Paleo and Keto diet plans can be harmful.
What Is The Best Diet For A Mesomorph ?
When it comes to mesomorphs, one has to be careful while planning a meal prep for them. For example, there are some weight gaining foods that can actually harm them severely as compared to ectomorphs. Then, what is the best diet for a mesomorph ? Thus, here is a list of few things to keep in mind while planning for a mesomorph diet.
- It is important to have meals frequently within a 2-4 hours gap.
- The food plate should consist of a definite proportion of nutrients. For instance, there should be 30 per cent proteins, 30 percent fats and 40 percent carbohydrates.
- Focus more on healthy fats like nuts and seeds, olive oil and milk products.
- Your central idea should lie on complex carbs and whole grains. Vegetables with starch such as sweet potato and beans are highly recommended.
- If you want to, then you can sometimes eat more than required. This is because mesomorphy supports fast metabolic rate. And this promotes fast fat burn.
Here is a list of foodstuffs that you can include in your diet if you are a mesomorph:
- Sweet potato
- Bell peppers
- Fajita lettuce
- Brown rice
- Whole grain wheat
- Greek yogurt
- Soy milk
- Cottage cheese
NUTS AND SEEDS
- Macadamia nuts
- Sunflower seeds
ANIMAL PRODUCTS (apart from dairy)
Workout Plan For Mesomorph
Mesomorph body type is made in such a way that it can handle almost every profession. Primarily, if you are interested in the athletic field or bodybuilding, then there is a way. Also, their body promotes rapid metabolism due to which they have immense power in them. Hence, let's see what workout types work best for them.
- Since they are filled with energy, workouts like weight training, running and all that require a high amount of stamina are recommended.
- Also, fast exercises like HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) would work best for them.
- If there is one who wants to lose weight, then nothing would work best for you than doing cardio daily. This could tone your abs and muscles to give you a desired body shape.
Everyone has a different body type. Some feel that they resonate with mesomorphic traits and some feel that they don't resonates with any category. Mesomorphs require more calories and they find it easier to gain muscle mass if they perform regular exercises on daily basis. You can consult your dietician or fitness trainer for your diet and workout plan.