A Healthy Daily Routine To Keep You Mentally And Physically Fit
We all have made promises at some point in our life – “Monday se pakka diet start karunga” or “1st of the next month I’m going to join a gym” and just like that Mondays kept passing by and 1st of next months’ becomes new year resolutions.
By doing so, we are the ones who are suffering, stuck at the same old routines, making bad choices for ourselves and living unhealthy lifestyle. NO WAIT! We aren’t going to lecture you but just a few tips and choices that you can follow and make to incorporate healthy habits into your everyday routines.
Still not sounds fun? So, let’s make it a little clear, just start making these 9 choices consciously for a month so as to make it a habit and see the difference for yourself.
We will break these 9 habits into a set of 3. 3 habits you need to follow in the morning, 3 in the noon and 3 at night. This is called a RULE OF 3 that you need to follow for 30 days. Trust me the rules are simple.
- A glass of warm water with lemon and honey to kick start your day and metabolism with zest.
You must have heard about this as one of the weight-loss hacks but its more than that. The advantages of having this drink –
- Obviously weight loss
- It improves the gut health
- Good for the skin
- Helpful when you are sick
- Prevents cough
- Promotes burn and wound healing
If you are not convinced yet, I don’t know if anything could ever make you think otherwise. I quit.
- Move your body and stretch for 15 minutes.
Have you heard of morning walks? That is exactly what I’m talking about. Go out and soak some of that vitamin D.
Yes, I’m going to make a list of how beneficial morning walks could be –
- BOOSTS IMMUNE FUNCTION – considering the pandemic I think this should be enough to convince you.
- Better circulation
- Joint support
- Better mental health
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improves memory
- Prevents weight gain
- Eat a healthy breakfast, make it the heaviest meal of your day. Now this doesn’t mean you stuff your mouth with paranthas and over eat, it means you eat till you’re 3 quarters full and eat the rest of your meals a little lighter than your breakfast. Proportionately, your breakfast should be the heaviest meal is what I meant.
I bet you’re waiting for the advantages, I got you.
- Boosts energy levels
- Promotes heart health
- Kick start metabolism
- Balances blood sugar levels
- Stimulates the brain
- Curbs unnecessary mid meal cravings
NOON TIME AND EVENING
- Eat a bowl of curd with/before your lunch every day. I will get right to the advantages
- Makes your teeth and bone stronger
- Improves immunity
- Improves digestion
- Helps you lose weight
- Fills you up
- Helps control blood sugar
- Natural source of probiotics
- Reduce risk of cancers
- Workout for 45 mins. Training during the day increases energy and keeps you productive. It helps you clear your mind and enhance creativity, now you know the common benefits of workout so I’ll here give you some tips and basic workout exercises that you can incorporate into your routine.
- Start strength training, there are a lot of myths that strength training is only for body builders but that is absolutely false, here are 6 reasons why everyone should lift weights.
- Don’t go overboard with cardio even if your main goal is to lose weight.
- Warmup before hitting the treadmill. People believe running on the treadmill is their warmup, which leads to injuries in the future. Stretch, do jumping jacks, unlock your shoulders, elbows and wrists, some hip rotations should be your included in the warmup.
- Resistance training atleast 3 times a week. Strengthen your core, become stronger not skinny. These dumbbell workouts are all you need.
- Stay hydrated. Very important yet underrated. I believe you don’t even need me to list the benefits of water.
- It is the remedy for everything.
- Detoxifies your body.
- Get rids of toxins
- Clarifies skin
- Prevents diseases
- Eat a light dinner. Once you start following rule 3 – eating a healthy breakfast, you don’t need to take much efforts to integrate this rule into your lifestyle.
- These are the advantages of eating a light dinner –
- Promotes good sleep
- Energizes your souls
- No overload on the digestive system
- Reduces the risk of obesity
- Reduces the risk of cancer
- Improves heart health
- Meditate for atleast 15 minutes. The practice of meditation is well known throughout the world and it is very important to set aside sometime to nourish your soul and connect with it. If you’re new to this, practice deep breathing.
- Calms your mind, body and soul.
- Helps in releasing stress.
- Improves mood and brings clarity
- Helps you find purpose in life
- Reduces anxiety and depression.
Honestly, I can go on and on because the benefits of meditation are truly unlimited, some are even undiscovered so you know how valuable it is to meditate.
- Turn off electronics 1hr before bed. Discontinuing smartphones, tablets and TVs one hour before bed can promote sound sleep. As these gadgets can emit blue light which suppresses melatonin which lead to poor sleep.
- keeps your mind psychologically engaged
- promotes sound sleep
- suppression of melatonin would reduce.
- Sleep for at least 7-8 hours. Getting a good sleep is as important as eating healthy and working out, you won’t see the benefits of any of the rules mentioned above if you don’t sleep like a baby.
- You’ll become happy
- Prevents migraine and other types of head ache.
- Increases Immunity
- Healthy Brain
- Maintains body weight
- Healthy skin
- Good sex life
I hope this article has enlightened you with some amazing facts and tips. Now that you have spent so much time reading this, it is important for you to act upon it. These are achievable and realistic changes that you can choose to bring in your life. This might be little difficult for you in the first month but it will become a habit sooner or later. These are some ways of living a healthy sustainable disease-free lifestyle. Follow the Rule of 3s and I’m sure you’ll notice positive changes in your life.